Sunday, October 24, 2010

San Diego weekend

The shop is closed on Saturday and Sunday I figure everyone needs time to rest, besides that is the time I really get to work...Oh Yeah I didn't mention that as an owner of a business you never get to sleep! I didn't know what I was getting my self in for when I signed on the dotted line and became a proud owner of a repair shop. Yes it has its perks like setting your own hours, who you work for and with, what color you paint your building or what you call your self. The down side to it is if the business fails you loose! some times lots!
 I can honestly say I make less now than I did when I worked for someone especially when you start to add up all the hours I spend after hours doing web design, figuring out marketing strategies, how to grow my business, social networking, blogging...It all ad's up. But I have always wanted to be in charge and now that I am I'm set in a position to be able to make a real difference in people's lives. With me it's not just about the bottom line. I want to honestly help people repair their car and make a living too, which seems to be a tougher road to follow. Its easy to sell someone something they don't need and I see it happen more than it should, but harder to be diligent and set boundary's especially when there is no money coming in.  So far this strategy  has worked well for us we now get referrals from customers that say were the only shop they trust. If we can't do something  they need we will refer them to a trusted friend who can.
 So here I set learning to Blog, doing google search one after the other, drinking my coffee and petting Rosie our dog. Ricky and Charlie are our two cats and they hang out respectfully one on our bed and the other on the dining table, awaiting a pet or scratch as someone walks their way. There is a slight overcast today and its 68 outside now with no wind.  Lisa my lovely wife is off to her yoga class then we will go out and grab a bite to eat for lunch some where in the most beautiful city I know. Did I say I love my life? Wishing everyone a great day! David
http://www.intermountainradiator.com

1 comment:

  1. My partner and i preserve also been studying for the signifys associated with dramatists offered to henchmans on-line. Your current recount provides heave sum column on where to find a astonishing discuss minstrel that may be faithful still valuable. A lot of disciples commit aid because of this. Heizungshop

    ReplyDelete